Amy’s Favorite Things for Spring
“I welcome spring’s warmer temperatures, its flowers emerging from the cold earth, birds chirping and hopping around the yard, getting to do my morning journaling pages out on the porch and longer walks.” – Amy
Spring Inspired Recipes
• Rhubarb Upside Down cake – Hands down, my favorite cake. I love rhubarb, even though as a kid I always thought it sounded gross whenever my grandma talked about it - and here I am salivating over it. It’s SO good.
• We recently made this tandori chicken on the grill and even our kids devoured it. Where we’re currently living, I’m 30 minutes from the nearest Indian restaurant instead of the three blocks I used to live from my beloved Ekta, so Leo and I have been cooking our way through the Easy Indian Cookbook and it’s actually (relievingly) somewhat easy.
• Salmon Pot Pie – I love chicken pot pie, but I’m excited to try this more coastal, spring-y version.
Reads & Listens
Home Decor Tips
Go-To Beauty Picks
• Nail polish – Despite what my manicurist tells me, I am not grown up enough or lady-like enough to manage an actual color, so I will just stick with this on my nails. For my toes I love Going-My-Way-Or-Norway.
• Skin Care – This Murad acid-peel has become my go-to especially when I’m not out in the sun too much.
Spring Style Must-Haves
• Swimsuits – My favorite swimsuits by far are Marysia. Although a bit of a splurge they are worth every penny. Mara Hoffman also makes my favorite bikinis - she makes a high waisted bottom that provides great coverage. I struggle with swimsuits - things used to be much easier before kids, but these days I need to be prepared to jump into a pool, ocean or really anything. My kids are almost seaworthy but still like to play with me in the water. These two brands make that a bit easier.
• Shoes – I attempt to wear sandals 99% of the year. I’ve been wearing these Birkenstock shearling sandals non-stop. And, when I need to look responsible and wear closed toe shoes I wear these No.6 boots. And, these are great and go with anything (and you can find them on reseller sites easily).
• Bags – I rotate between this Mansur Gavriel bucket bag, this giant tote (it’s an investment, but you’ll have it forever) and this Baggu bag which is easy to clean and great for storing snacks. I love to get leather bags through resellers (since I try to reduce my leather consumption whenever possible and only buy new leather if I know I’m going to use it daily). The Real Real is my go-to since everything is verified and they have an amazing selection of designer and rare items that you often can’t buy online.
• And yes, I’ll absolutely be updating my pj closet to some of our newest, spring inspired prints and colors and transitioning to new Cami and Nightgown silhouettes, which are perfect for warmer weather.
Ready to swap out your long pajama set for a short set or cool separates? Check out our new arrivals below.
*This post contains products independently chosen (and loved) by Amy. We do not receive affiliate commission from any of the links shared.