Spring is the season of new beginnings. Flowers are popping up everywhere, trees are regaining their greenery, and the dark, short days of winter are giving way to longer, warmer days perfect for barbecuing and beach outings.
This transitional period filled with regrowth and fresh energy makes spring the perfect time to do some self-reflecting on the past few months and intention setting for the upcoming season. Below, we list a few of our favorite prompts to help you make the most of spring’s sense of renewal.
1. How are you feeling going into spring and what events over the last few months shaped these feelings?
2. What signifies the beginning of spring for you?
3. Spring is often considered a time for new beginnings—what is something you would like to start doing this spring?
4. What’s a special memory you have that took place during spring?
5. The poet Anne Bradstreet said, "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant." What does that mean to you? Do you agree?
6. With the regrowth of many plants happening this time of year, nature plays a big part in the arrival of spring. What are some of the ways you can appreciate nature and be kinder to our earth?
7. Time for spring cleaning—what are some bad habits you’d like to get rid of?
8. Where are some of your favorite places to hang out during spring?
9. If you could visit anywhere in the world this time of year, where would you go?
10. What do you hope to achieve over the next couple months?
With pen in hand and these prompts on your mind, we wish you a productive journaling sesh to get you in the spring state of mind. Looking for a new journal to get you started? We recommend our botanically-inspired cotton and gauze collection that’s perfect for blooming season.