At Printfresh, we LOVE to travel. There is something incredibly inspiring and refreshing about getting out of your comfort zone and experiencing new places and different cultures. All of our products (including our Travel Journals) are manufactured in India, and our Creative Director Amy and Designer Christiane travel to Delhi and Jaipur twice a year to work with artisans and gather inspiration for new collections. We came up with the design for our Travel Journal while we were starting to plan one of last year's trips, and really wanted to develop the perfect travel companion diary.
In designing our Travel Journals, we knew we wanted to create a space where you can not only comprehensively plan upcoming trips, but also record your memories and experiences from those excursions. We chose to size our journal for a 10-Day trip, but you can definitely adjust your record keeping based on shorter or longer itineraries.
Why keep a journal while traveling?
4. Once your trip begins, take 15 minutes at the end of each day (or piecemeal throughout the day, as you stop for coffee or catch your breath at the top of a steep hike) to fill in the daily diary pages. There are dedicated spaces to record date and location, and then plenty of lines to jot down the places you visited and how each made you feel.
- Drawing out a couple city maps for those times when our international cellphone service was spotty.
- Making blind contour drawings of other tourists during our afternoon coffee break at a cute cafe.
- Jotting down destination suggestions from our hotel's helpful concierge.
- Recording some easy language translations of conversational phrases.
- Drawing a quick money conversion chart so we could make sure not to overspend on shopping trips.
6. At the end of your trip, revisit your daily diary pages and fill out the "Highlights" page in your journal. Write about some of the highs and lows of your travel, including things that went wrong, the best food you ate, the most magical experiences and places, and cool shopping. Did you forget anything on this trip? Writing it down may help you be more prepared for your next adventure!
Follow and share your travel journaling with us on Instagram at @printfresh - we'd love to hear about the amazing places you've visited, and how our journals held up as a travel companion!