Make a point to treat yourself this weekend with this simple yet elevated waffle recipe featuring a Maple Plum & Walnut compote (bonus points if you make them while wearing your new Printfresh Waffle pajamas!)
Easy Waffles Recipe from Scratch
Homemade Waffles Recipe (Serves 6)
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 ¾ cups milk
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your waffle iron, then beat eggs in a large bowl with a hand beater until fluffy. Add in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, then beat just until smooth.
2. Spray your preheated waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour your mix onto the hot waffle iron. Your waffles will be done when they reach a beautiful golden brown.
3. Finally, assemble your golden waffles and top with fresh fruit, enjoy!
Lower Sugar Recipe Variation
You can easily remove the tablespoon of sugar from the waffle recipe for a low-sugar alternative, or you can opt for a recipe designed to cut out sugar like this one.
Gluten-Free Recipe Variation
Swap out the baking powder for a gluten-free alternative and the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend. Add ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum to the recipe if your GF flour blend doesn’t include it.
Vegan Recipe Variation
To make this vegan, simply use your preferred egg replacement and swap out the milk for a dairy-free option like unsweetened almond, cashew, or coconut milk.
Our founder Amy loves a good compote, if you’ve got extra time simmer up a delicious compote, here are 5 of our favorite compote recipes:
PF MAG is dedicated to thoughtful, not-so-simple living. Founded by Amy Voloshin as a stationery and sleepwear brand, Printfresh has grown into far more than that. Our articles provide discerning perspectives on all things lifestyle, including fashion, wellness, design, travel and home decor, as well as interviews with some of the people who inspire us most.