Summer is here, and half the year has already flown right past us - can you believe it? We wanted to put together some of our favorite prompts for the summer to make sure that you manifest the best summer possible. Putting pen to paper can really make those goals and dreams come true. So grab your favorite journal, a blanket to sit on and a spot in the sun while you reflect with these prompts.
- What is your fondest childhood memory of summertime?
- If you had to describe summer as a scent - what would it be and why?
- Describe your perfect summer trip. Where do you want to go this year?
- Pool, Lake or Beach - what would you choose? Why?
- What was the best summer reading book you were ever assigned in school?
- What is your favorite summertime food and drink? If you could only drink one drink and eat one food all summer what would it be?
- What is your feel good 2018 summer song?
- Do you have any projects you want to accomplish this summer? What are the 5 things you really want to get done for yourself this summer?
- What is your favorite family summer tradition?
- What is a new summer tradition you would like to start?
- If you ever went to summer camp, describe what the experience was like. If you haven’t been to a summer camp, write a fictional story about your ideal experience.
- What are the best summer activities in your city? What do you like about them?
- If you’re still in school, write about how you will prepare for the new year at the end of the summer. If you’re not in school, write about what you hope to do before the season is over.
Our team member Marissa took the time to answer one of the prompts, using our Textured Dusk Paper Journal to talk about her favorite Philadelphia summer activities. She’s more of a Spring/Fall person but loves Clark Park’s Saturday farmer’s market, the Ritz movie theaters in Old City when it gets too hot, and the bakery Vegan Treats in Bethlehem, PA for the absolute best vegan soft serve.
What are your city’s best summer activities? We’d love to hear your answers to our summer prompts, as well as your suggestions for great prompts we should include in future posts. Comment below!