The signs of thanksgiving are right around the corner - the faint sound of football, laughter at the kids' table and the aroma of old family recipes wafting through the house. While you wait for dinner (or at least an appropriate time to start stealing bites) curl up with a journal with the festive prompts we’ve rounded up below.
- If you could have any guest at Thanksgiving, who would it be? Why?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?
- Name 10 things you are thankful for and why.
- What is your Thanksgiving tradition? If you don’t have one, write about a tradition you’d like to have.
- Is Thanksgiving too early for Christmas music?
- What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
- Name an unusual food that is included in your Thanksgiving dinner.
- If Thanksgiving wasn’t a holiday, would you be disappointed?
- What is your favorite way to show someone that you are thankful for them?
- It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without…
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
- Why is tradition important to you?
- Of the holidays during the fall and winter seasons, which is your favorite? Why?
- Does your family have a “kids table” at your Thanksgiving dinner? If so, write about your favorite “kids table” memory.
Our team member, Ansley has been feeling the holiday spirit so she took the time to talk about her favorite Thanksgiving tradition! “We had been bouncing around to different family members homes for the past few years and decided we wanted to have our own place to celebrate.” Now, Ansley with her mom and sister, start the day at Philadelphia’s Dilworth Park Christmas market followed by a special dinner at the Plough & the Stars.
What is your Thanksgiving tradition? Comment below and let us know!