Our Favorite Brunch Recipes for the Holiday Season
Not only are charcuterie boards beautiful and delicious, but they are so easily customizable and incredibly simple to put together. Mine is inspired by The Crumbly Kitchen’s brunch board guidelines.
1. Start with the protein
Depending on the size of your guest list, you probably want 2-4 meat and protein options. Some ideas include:
• Think breakfast meats like bacon, sausage links
• Smoked salmon (bonus if there’s cream cheese!)
• Hard boiled eggs or perhaps this interesting take on deviled eggs
• Nuts or nut butter, chia seed pudding or rolled oats make great options for vegetarians or vegans
2. Add cheese and brunch friendly dips
• Really any kind of cheese will work, so just choose your favorites
• Hummus or a cashew based dip for your plant-based guests (like this vegan ricotta)
• Yogurt! It’s something different, but is great for dipping fruit. (I recommend this recipe for White Wine and Cardamom Poached Pears over Greek Yogurt, if you have the time to make it.)
• Jams, jellies, chutneys, and honeys are great on cheese and crackers. (I’ve been dying to try out this Tomato Cranberry Chutney.)
3. Fruits, veggies and breads to pair with your protein and dips
• Fruits and/or veggies of all kinds! Grapes, mandarins, berries, sliced pears or apples. Seasonal or year-round, a little sweet is always a good balance.
• Bread, mini bagels or even waffles for sandwich making. You could even have a toaster nearby for anyone who wants to use it.
• Fresh pastries from your local bakery
• Roasted potatoes
4. All the sweet and savory extras you can fit
• Decadent roasted nuts, like Blue Diamond Gourmet Almonds, add a ton of depth and flavor to the selections. Plus, they’re an easy addition to fill in empty space.
• Sweets, like chopped chocolate, will calm any morning sweet tooth. (Or, for a healthier option, incorporate a Christmas Fruit Salad into your board.)
• A crunchy granola for yogurt parfaits
Charcuterie board not for you? Here are some other great brunch recipes for the holiday season that I’d really like to try.
Tell us in the comments below your favorite holiday brunch and be sure to tag us @printfresh in your favorite holiday recipes.