All Natural, Homemade Foot Scrub for At-Home Pedicures
Homemade Foot Scrub for Smooth Heels
I love wearing sandals so keeping my heels exfoliated is important to me. This natural, DIY foot scrub is inspired by one of my favorite body scrubs: Kama’s Neem Tulsi Tea Tree Body Scrub and is perfect for getting your feet summer-ready. (This scrub is made with salt, so I recommend using it only on your feet and finding something a bit more gentle for your body).
If you are a gardener like me, you will also love that this recipe uses fresh mint (ours has just started growing in our garden). It’s difficult to find enough uses for mint to keep up with its abundance – this recipe is one idea for using up a bit.
Prep Time - 5 minutes
• 1 1/2 cups Coarse Sea Salt
• 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Mint Leaves Shredded
• 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
• Mix the coarse sea salt and oil together in a bowl or jar, until well combined
• Add in the mint leaves and tea tree and stir until fully incorporated
• Transfer the foot scrub into an airtight container or jar.
• Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for 2 - 3 weeks.
When you are ready to use your foot scrub, generously apply the scrub to your foot and gently rub with your palm. You can also apply it with a foot brush or sponge. Once you are happy with your application, rinse the scrub off with warm water. Dry your feet and follow with a foot cream or moisturizer.
Develop an At-Home Pedicure Ritual
Use the scrub once per week or whenever you notice your heels starting to feel a little rough or dry. While this DIY version may not be as good as a trip to the spa – you can easily turn it into a relaxing weekly ritual. Put on your Printfresh Robe, light a candle and apply this homemade foot scrub that will keep your feet feeling (and looking) great all summer long.