1. The Alisal Dress by Reformation, $248
Slip dresses like this are my go-to for the summer since they’re lightweight and easy to dress up or down. During a hot summer day I’ll pair the dress with sneakers or slides and a cute pair of sunglasses, and in the evening I’ll switch to heels or strappy sandals and some nicer jewelry.
- Sophia, Senior Marketing Manager
2. The Rae Maxi Dress by Free People, $168
I am really into this one for summer! The casualness of the top mixed with the adjustable tie waist just screams easy breezy. It can definitely be dressed up or down, I plan to incorporate it into my packing list for a bachelorette party. It’ll be great for a beach bonfire night with the girls!
- Lynzi, Editorial Copywriter
3. The Vic Dress by Sezane, $215
I tend to gravitate towards statement dresses with maximalist patterns and elaborate details. But some days call for something a little simpler, so I’m trying to acquire more understated wardrobe pieces that can pass as French-girl casual in the day but be dressed up after dark. I love this Sezane Vic Dress - neutral but still has those details (button-up front, ties at the sleeves) that give it that extra something special. I can see myself pairing it with a casual slide and delicate layered necklaces in the day, and then a fun stacked heel and gold hoops for a happy hour or dinner in the city.
- Britt, Organic Marketing & Social Media Specialist
4. The Happy Dress by CJ Laing, $292
This is my go-to for warm weather. I plan on wearing it all the time. It’s great for traveling since it’s easy to launder and air dry, which lets me wear it frequently when I’m on-the-go.
- Amy, Founder & Creative Director
5. The Brooklyn Dress by Christy Dawn, $298
I love comfy clothes but I also like to dress up, so when I can find a dress that I can lounge in and also go out to dinner in, I want to buy one in every color. The Brooklyn Dress by Christy Dawn is made with the softest organic cotton, which means you can lay in the grass and bask in the sun then go out with your friends while still feeling stylish and comfortable.
- Bea, Graphic Designer
6. The Dita Tank Dress by Suzie Kondi, $245
As I get older, I realize that I value comfort over most things. The Dita dress is perfect for maximum comfort. I love that Suzie Kondi is made in Los Angeles and is a one-of-a-kind dyed garment. I want something that is easy to throw on and is also flattering all while supporting ethical fashion, which is why I adore this dress and brand so much.
- Nina, Senior Web Merchandiser
7. The Faye Dress and the Margaret Dress by Ace & Jig, $249 and $244 (currently final sale)
I’m guilty of being a bit of an Ace & Jig dress fangirl (I love their dreamy textiles, and live in midi dresses all spring and summer.) My closet is stocked with pieces I’ve snagged at in-person and online sample sales. I’m also a sucker for vintage style, and in addition to embroidered Mexican 70’s caftans, I also collect 90s Jam’s World sundresses in a variety of different tropical patterns (thank you, Ebay)
- Christiane, Art Director & Print Designer.
If You Enjoyed This PF Mag Article, Read On:
1. What We Bought: Our Favorite Jeans
2. Amy’s Guide to Wearing Bold Prints
3. Best Size-Inclusive Brands
4. Ten Tips to Make Your Clothes Last Longer
5. Tips for Sorting Your Out of Season Clothing
6. Eco-Friendly Clothing Care