Easy DIY Avocado Face Mask
Make This Organic Avocado Face Mask
Adapted from this recipe, our at home face mask features ingredients that are organic and clean – and so easy to mix together for a quick DIY face treatment.
This recipe will make about 2 applications, but it’s best to use immediately (as the avocado will look fresher and more appetizing). We recommend either sharing with a friend or using the extra mask on your neck or décolletage.
“I think it’s incredibly important to give yourself a little extra moisture and something to exfoliate to keep a bright and clean appearance. This face mask is so simple because it’s full of ingredients that are usually in my pantry!” -AMY VOLOSHIN, FOUNDER
• About 1/2 tablespoon rolled oats
• 1/4 ripe, organic avocado
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/2 tablespoon organic honey
• 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
• 2 drops of an essential oil of your choice
• Mash avocado in a small bowl
• Put rolled oats into a food processor to coarsely grind
• Combine oats and other ingredients with avocado
• Spoon out the mixture and apply to your face
• Let sit for 15-20 minutes before washing your face with warm water
• Apply your favorite face oil to your clean skin
For more advice, inspiration and recommendations on skincare and beauty, check out our recent interview with a few of our favorite beauty bloggers or bookmark Freedom Apothecary’s beauty recommendations (BIPOC owned!) for your next shopping trip. Speaking of shopping, there’s nothing quite like wrapping yourself up in a beautiful robe to make your skincare routine feel more luxurious.